Since 1959, Nitro has provided quality construction services to their various customers throughout the United States. We are a “full service” electrical contractor providing high voltage, general power/control and instrumentation services. We have successfully completed a wide range of projects and have earned the reputation of an industry leader.
In 2004 Nitro expanded their construction capabilities to include Mechanical Services. This was encouraged by one of our key automotive customers as a way to broaden our services to them and as a way to further develop synergy throughout their plant maintenance and construction needs. Since this time we have grown the Mechanical Services to include pipe fabrication, pipe erection, HVAC/R, and millwright services. We have provided these services throughout various industries to include power, automotive, chemical, and metals.
Establishing positive employee relations is a goal on every project undertaken. As a leader in industrial construction services, Nitro offers exceptional labor relations both on national and local levels. Experienced and trained craftsman have significant impact on safety, quality, cost, and timely delivery. Our commitments to employ, develop, and retain the country’s best labor resources benefits your project, our service, and the craft’s future.
Nitro participates on apprentice training committees of Building Trades Crafts Unions. The training program activity provides Nitro’s management with opportunities to influence the type of training used for both the apprentices and journeymen training upgrades. It also gives us the opportunity to increase the number of apprentices in the training program.
It is our mission to be the preferred provider of maintenance and construction services through our commitment to superior safety performance, our focus on innovation, and our dedication to delivering unsurpassed value to our customers. This can only be achieved through our commitment to professional growth development and employment security to our key resource, “Our Employees”.
Innovative contractual formats are commonplace with Nitro. In fact, incentive contracts focusing on key result areas are preferred.
Performance-Based Contracts create concise focus areas:
• Schedule Adherence
• Budget Control
• Client Goal Achievement
• Management Responsiveness
• Incentives/Savings Sharing
• Guaranteed Performance
• Continuous Cost Reduction/Productivity
• Craft Participation
Nitro has successfully executed projects through your standard contractural arrangements to include:
• Lump Sum / Firm Price
• Cost Plus
• Time and Materials
• Unit Price
• Performance Based Contracting
• Strategic Alliances
• Joint Ventures
• Fixed Fee / Fee At Risk
Certificates and Memberships
- Appalachian Constructor Users Council (ACUC)
- Contractor Association of WV (CAWV)
- Joint National Industrial Agreement for Instrument & Control Systems Tech.
- International District Energy Association
- International Society of Automation
- Multiple Church, School, and Civil Projects
- Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET)
- National Maintenance Agreement Policy Committee (NMAPC)
- National Safety Council
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Special Olympics
- West Virginia Society for Healthcare Engineering